We are looking for a second Android developer to join our Kisko team and pair up with Ville, who will be your fellow comrade in all things Android.
If your heart beats to the rhythm of Android and you are looking for your next tech home, Kisko might just be it. You will be stepping into the team in exciting times, as the business is growing and new opportunities rise. At Kisko you are able to bring all sorts of things to the table and further develop the way we do things. The tech stack within Android is something you’re able to choose and you’ll get the chance to carry out your ideas as much as you dare.
For the most part we do greenfield projects and build tools for professionals in many different areas of business from health and wellbeing to accommodation and student housing apps, learning material apps for schools, banking and forest industry etc. Ville has even recently been asked, how can AR be used in pedagogical means. So, it is not just about coding, but exploring technical possibilities together with the customer. We build both native and hybrid apps. You can check some of our references here.
To help us in our current need, you should have already gathered some portfolio, however small or big, and some working history with Android to be able to jump into our on-going projects. We have now been using Kotlin for about two years. You are also familiar with it? Excellent, but if not, Ville also learned it after working with Java and so can you. Familiarity or interest towards React Native or Flutter is also a plus when working with us. Project work and working in close, direct contact with customers should be a convenient way of working for you.
Additionally, in this work you will need (and further develop) vision and know-how of best practises of how to solve things in the UI. As we work seamlessly with designers, you need to have an eye on how the design at hand would work in the Android platform. We need to consult and share our knowledge both to the client as well as our teammates to reach our shared goal of delivering great digital products.
To top it off, here are some key benefits of working with us:
- No to body renting. You’ll be working here with us.
- Remote work whenever you need it
- Great, laid-back teammates, no dick-heads
- English speaking environment
- Lots of freedom and responsibility
- Great environment for personal and professional growth
- 12 years of experience in building apps
- All of Kisko’s partners are coders themselves
- Small but growing team (we’re currently 18 and possibly looking to get to the total team size of 20 or so)
- Easily accessible location in Sörnäinen in an old hat factory
- Yearly bonus of company profit
- And of course the massages every other week, additional health insurance covering also free time activities and other fun factors.
We are happy to tell you more and connect with fellow developers so do reach out to Kisko’s Chief Happiness Officer Anna and she’ll tell you or connect you straight with our partners or Android-Ville. If you feel we have some common ground, let us hear from you in Finnish or English:
firstname.lastname@example.org / 0505434088 (WhatsApp is also a possibility).